Whipped up this quick creation for the first time tonight. I had some leftover tomatoes and corn on the cob from a barbecue this weekend. I loved the flavor combination because of the sweetness of the corn, the tanginess of the tomatoes, the lightness of the spinach, with the salty breaded chicken. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Chicken with Roasted Corn, Tomatoes, and Spinach Recipe
Chicken breasts (patted dry)
Italian Bread Crumbs
Boiled Corn on the Cob
For the roasted corn & roasted tomatoes
1. Put the grape tomatoes and the corn that has been shucked off the cob into a pan
2. Drizzle grape tomatoes and corn with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Place pan into the oven or toaster oven at 375 degrees and roast until tomatoes have burst open (about 10-15 minutes)
For the breaded chicken
1. Pat the chicken breasts dry and gently season with salt/pepper
2. Set up a few pans or bowls. One with the flour, the second with the 1-2 eggs beaten, the third with the italian bread crumbs.
3. Dip the chicken breast in the flour. Tap off excess flour
4. Dip the chicken breast into the beaten eggs
5. Dip the chicken breast into the italian bread crumbs (coat well)
6. Either saute the chicken breast in olive oil or put it into the oven at 375. I sauteed it for a quicker dinner but oven works and probably healthier
7. Once chicken breast done, move to the side
For the sauteed spinach
1. In another pot, saute garlic in olive oil and add the spinach.
2. Season with salt and pepper. Drain off the excess water excreted by the spinach. Move to the side
Once you're ready to plate it..place the chicken breast on the bottom of the plate. Top with the spinach. Ladle the roasted corn and roasted tomatoes over the spinach and chicken breast. Wallah!! Easy dinner!! (clean up is a different story...)