I am a HUGE fan of thin crust pizzas. I'm not a deep-dish, dominos type of pizza fan. I love hearing that crunch when I bite into a thin crust.
When we were in Rome, we went to this restaurant near the opera and ordered a pizza for a snack. My husband said that it was the best pizza he ever ate. What I noticed was that the crust seemed like it was made from a pita bread or something really thin to create the crispiness that my husband enjoyed so much. Of course, I wanted to try and recreate it at home, so here is the recipe that I came up with. It is definitely crispier than the average thin crust..its almost a cracker crunch consistency.
Thin Crust Pizza Lovers Recipe
Trader Joe's Pesto (Fresh, not jarred)
Trader Joe's Lavash Bread
Cremini mushrooms (I used Trader Joe's)
Bag of fresh spinach
Trader Joe's applewood smoked bacon
Mozarrella cheese shredded
Sliced fresh basil
(in fact, everything I purchased was from TJ's. I LOVE trader joe's!!!)
1, Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Brush on olive oil onto the tops of the lavash bread
3. Bake lavash bread for 2 minutes or so (slighty crispy)
4. Take out lavash bread and let cool
5. In a pan, roast the tomatoes for about 10 minutes with a little olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder
6. Fry bacon in pan until crispy. Place bacon onto paper towel to soak up oil.
7. Use same pan and saute the cremini mushrooms in the bacon fat. Season with salt after the mushrooms are cooked. Drain the water secreted from the mushrooms
8. Saute spinach in garlic and a little olive oil. Season with salt. Drain spinach water.
9. Spread a thin layer of pesto over the lavash bread
10. Sprinkle the pizza with the drained mushrooms, spinach, bacon, and tomatoes
11. Sprinkle with feta cheese and mozarrella cheese
12. Bake until cheese melted
13. Remove from oven and sprinkle with basil
14. Enjoy (crunch crunch crunch)
Obviously, you can add or eliminate any ingredients that you don't like...for example you can leave out the bacon and just have a vegetarian pizza which is quite yummy!! Hope you like the recipe!